Android

Published on May 11th, 2015 | by Tim Schofield

Nexus 5.1 Lollipop Update Zips

Here is a post with all of the lollipop update zips for Nexus device. I will also post tutorial videos for each device as they become available. These will update you from Android 5.0 Lollipop to Android 5.1 Lollipop.

Nexus 6:

5.0.1 — 5.1: shamu LMY47D from LRX22C
5.0.1 -> 5.1 (LMY47M – T-Mobile USA):
shamu LMY47M from LRX22C (Thanks AndroidPolice)

Nexus 5:

5.0 — 5.1 (LMY47D): hammerhead LMY47D from LRX21O
5.0 — 5.1 (LMY47I): hammerhead LMY47I from LRX21O
5.0.1 — 5.1 (LMY47D): hammerhead LMY47D from LRX22C
5.0.1 — 5.1 (LMY47I): hammerhead LMY47I from LRX22C
5.1  — 5.1.1: hammerhead LMY48B from LMY47D
5.1  — 5.1.1: hammerhead LMY47B from LMY47I

Note: LMY47I hasn’t been a global rollout yet. LMY47D works just fine (Use 47I at own discretion)

Nexus 10:

Nexus 7 (2012 WIFI ONLY):

5.0.2 — 5.1: nakasi LMY47D from LRX22G

Nexus 7 (2012 3G):

Not yet

Nexus 4:

5.0.1 — 5.1 occam LMY47O from LRX22C

Keep in mind these are the official OTA update zips that will eventually be pushed to your device. If you don’t feel like waiting and would like to install Lollipop yourself (officially) then go ahead and grab your zip file and follow the video below.

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device.

How to manually update Nexus devices:

Android 5.1 Lollipop Review:

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

34 Responses to Nexus 5.1 Lollipop Update Zips

1. Chris Poli says:

Has the ’12 Nexus 7 Wifi OTA come out yet to post?

2. Wan Muhamad says:

Sir can you help me figuring what i have did wrong and a possible solution

before this i succesfully adb sideload from 4.3 to 4.4 by following your guide…but back then i’m not rooted my nexus 7 2013…
    when i’m on kit kat i rooted my nexus 7 just to use stickmount..and then when i want to adb sideload 4.4.4 to 5.0 today i got status 7 error…it said /system/fonts/roboto-light.ttf has unexpected contents…E:/tmp/update.zip error..
    is it because i’m rooted…because i thing i’m not modified anything in the system…i rooted just to use stickmounts…the weird things is what it has to do with the fonts…if possible i dont want to reflash stock image because i dont want to lose my data..thank you

3. code101 says:

Do I need to unlock the bootloader on the Nexus 7 to use the update zip? Will it wipe data on the device?

4. S R says:

Seems the Nexus 7 2012 file doesnt work, I have a 2012 model and it returns a error device not found – adb is in my path and the test proves ad is up. Do I need ot run it as administrator?

5. Yehudah Christian says:

unfortunately…did not work for me…in command prompt I received the error “cannot read” 67fdc56df808024ba5ebd95d4e16358c3b4f96cb.signed-hammerhead-LRX21O-from-KTU84Q.67fdc56d.zip

• qbking77 says:

You sure you pasted the file in the platform tools folder? If so, redownload the file

• Yehudah Christian says:

just re-downloaded the file…i did notice the beginning of the second file i downloaded is different…but same results…pretty straight forward video…wasnt lost…pasted into folder, but still nada…this is a head scratcher

6. erf says:

has nexus 7 2012 3g come out yet?

7. jayraj says:

ZIP links for nexus 5 are not working.. takes forever to load

8. Harpersneil says:

Worked perfectly on my Nexus 5, but my Nexus 7 is currently on LPV81C developer preview and I”m not having any luck. I get the error “Package expects buld fingerprint…” etc.
    Any ideas anyone? Will I just have to wait for the OTA? Will the OTA ever come if I’m on Developer Preview?!

9. CH says:

I got an error device not found

10. raj says:

do i need to unlock my bootloader?

11. Jonathan Ferrier says:

What command do I enter if I am using Win7? Because I can’t “shift=right-click open in cmd”

12. MD77 says:

how can i update my nexus 4 from 4.2.2 (JDQ39)
    to 5.0.1 (LRX22C) directly?

• MD77 says:

I solved the issue by flashing android 5.0.1 (LRX22C) factory image with fastboot.

PS: recovery mode does not work in this situation .. you must use flash-all

13. Abdul Rehman says:

there is no OEM unlock in my developers settings? what should i do? This is my first time trying to get into mobile settings. The rest of my knowledge about Phone, You should guess that.. 🙂

14. Abdul Rehman says:

There is no OEM unlock in my developers option on nexus 5..?? what should i do? and this is the first time ever i unlock my developers options. So my my knowledge regarding ant particular settings is zero. help me out.

15. ctk4949 says:

I am getting a problem with when doing the sideload command and it
    telling me device not found, i unplug and plug it back in. But then in
    my Device Manager it shows the Nexus 6 with a ! next to it. Please
    help!!

Also im using a Sprint Nexus 6

• qbking77 says:

Try different cable and port on your PC. You have drivers installed on PC?
      If so, did you go into device manager like I showed in the video?

• ctk4949 says:

Thanks for the reply, but i found the answer. Had to change the change the Nexus 6 driver tot he ADB driver. Works. 🙂

16. manish4_4 says:

Am using windows xp. adb devices showing nexus 5 but in recovery mode –> apply update from ADB — its not detecting nexus 5 also when i update driver to install from specific location i select android device it shows unable to find device driver.

17. Kevin Minchin says:

Thanks for the video tim, hate waiting for ota’s 🙂 nexus 6 5.1 UK 😀

18. Joey Mojica says:

if device is root it… should i unroot before do this process???

19. casondow says:

After I started the update.zip command, my device started installing the updates. However, once my instillation began it stopped at 47% in and stated that the “installation abortion”. It also said there was an “error in /sideload/package.zip”.

Any help??

20. Brandon Abawan says:

Has the ’13 Nexus 7 Wifi OTA come out yet to post?

21. Adrian says:

Can you post the link for updating nexus 5 from LMY47D to LMY47I?

22. 昀融 呂 says:

nexus 4 have some issue,error executing updater binary in zip ,(((this device has giigke/ommi_mako/mako 5.0.2/LRX22G/oees_troy0214732:eng/test-keys))),but my nexus 4 is Android 5.0.1 not 5.0.2

23. Philip Chang says:

what is the different between these zip files and the tgz file on the google dev website??