Published on October 27th, 2015 | by Tim Schofield2
Motorola ShatterShield Eliminates Shattering and Cracking on Phones
Motorola has announced their new ShatterShield which will be protecting the Droid Turbo 2 and other future Motorola devices. I feel this is a huge advancement in protecting our smartphones and should be adopted on many devices in the future. Eliminating the worry of breaking your device when you accidentally drop it give you a bit more peace of mind. Here is a look at Motorola’s description of the ShatterShield. There is a 4 year warranty against shattering and cracking under normal use.
A phone should be there for you through it all — every photo, text, call OR fall. Which is why we’ve spent the last three years creating Moto ShatterShield™, the world’s first phone screen guaranteed not to crack or shatter2.
With our new Moto ShatterShield technology, you’ll never have to fear the dreaded drop or have to deal with the expensive hassle of having to replace a busted screen again, thanks to an integrated system of five layers specifically designed to absorb shock and never shatter.
- It starts with a rigid aluminum core that provides structural integrity and durability.
- On top of that, we’ve added in a stunning AMOLED flexible display. Using a flexible display absorbs shock and makes it possible to flex during a drop versus breaking like most screens.
- Then, a dual touch layer with redundancy was created to help it survive accidents. Often, after a drop, the touch layer can go bad and your touch doesn’t work as well. So we‘ve added a failsafe mechanism.
- The next layer is the interior lens which provides a clear protective shield that won’t crack or shatter.
- Lastly, we topped it off with an exterior lens that has a unique hardcoat that helps protect the display against normal wear and tear.
All of this amounts to unprecedented durability and protection from those everyday accidents. To learn more about how Moto ShatterShield was made, check out the video below:
Here’s also a look at CNN trying to shatter the display, even a horse steps on it!
2 Responses to Motorola ShatterShield Eliminates Shattering and Cracking on Phones