Published on July 28th, 2015 | by Jason Ephraim3
Moto X Style, Moto X Play & Moto G 2015 Announced!
Hey guys! Already back again with another article – and this time we are going to talk about all the new gadgets Motorola announced this morning at their press conference. They revealed two brand new models of the Moto X – the Style and the Play. Additionally, they announced an updated version to the Moto G – lets get to the specs!
Moto X Style
– 5.7-inch QHD display with Gorilla Glass 4
– 1.84 GHz hexa-Core Snapdragon 808 processor
– 3GB RAM and 16GB/32GB/64GB ROM options w/ microSD slot
– 3,000mAh battery with ‘TurboPower’ charging (supposedly faster than the S6’s fast charging)
– 21MP rear-facing and 5MP front-facing camera – both with flash
– Dual front-facing speakers
The Moto X Style is definitely an upgraded version of the Moto X 2014 and will even come in a “Pure Edition” in the US. This edition will give you a fully unlocked model that can be used on AT&T, Sprint, Verizon or T-Mobile and it will come with a nearly pure Android experience/UI. It will be avaliable through Best, Buy, Amazon, and Motorola’s website starting in September and will start at $399.
Moto X Play
– 5.5-inch 1080p FHD display
– 1.7GHz Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor
– 2GB RAM and 16GB/32GB ROM w/ microSD slot
– 3,630mAh battery with fast charging
– 21MP rear-facing and 5MP front-facing camera
– Water resistance and dual front-facing speakers
I am a little confused as one website is saying this device is available worldwide while another is saying it isn’t coming to the US – I’m gonna say it probably won’t be available in the US. Besides that, this device seems almost better than the Moto X Style with its bigger battery and an almost better processor. This device will go on sale in August and appears to be priced in the $300-$400 range.
Moto G 2015
– 5-inch 720p display
– 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410
– 1GB/2GB RAM options
– 8GB/16GB ROM options with microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
– 13MP rear-facing and 5MP front-facing camera
– 2,470mAh battery
– IPX7 water resistance
The Moto G 2015, while an upgrade over the Moto G 2014, is definitely a less powerful device that the Moto X Style or the Play. This device is on sale right now, I believe worldwide, and will start at $179 for the 1GB RAM/8GB ROM model and $219 for the 2GB RAM/16GB ROM. Start customizing it here right now!
All three of these devices will be customizable in Moto Maker, but, like I said, only the Moto G 2015 is currently available. Additionally, Motorola announced two new wireless Bluetooth headphones – the Moto Pulse and the Moto Surround. Both feature built-in microphones for hands-free calling. The Moto Pulse is a lightweight on-ear model that surprisingly only costs $59.99. The Moto Surround on the other hand features the classic around-the-neck in-ear earbuds design. The earbuds adhere magnetically to the collar piece and according to Cnet, the Moto Surround sounds better than the Pulse. The Moto Surround will cost just $69.99 and both headphones are available right now here!