News

Published on January 25th, 2013 | by Tim Schofield

Manually Update to Official FL24 ICS on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Sprint and Samsung are pushing out a small maintenance update for the Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch. This Update will patch the Exynos Exploit along with add Sprint Connections Optimizer back.

The FL24 update is based on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. It most likely prepares the device for a Jelly Bean update.

FI27 to FL24 Update Zip:

DOWNLOAD

Video Instruction:

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

34 Responses to Manually Update to Official FL24 ICS on Samsung Epic 4G Touch

1. Hulk g says:

Hey qbking77,
    I’ve followed everything in your video for the manual update to fl24.
    When I get to boot screen to run the update file, the file starts to run and the little status bar on the bottom shows progress for just a few seconds and then stops and shows the android laying on his back with a red triangle and! On his chest.
    The build # and everything that should match, do match.
    Can you help me?
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Or could it be something else?

• Braylin says:

Happens to me too, I tried like 3 times and nothing… And I need a tutorial teaches me how install jellybean for s2 FI27 with 4.0.4 of sprint

• qbking77 says:

So you’re completely stock FI27?

• RockDoggy says:

I’m having the same trouble. I’m on rooted FI27 and the OTA update to FL24 does this too, so I came here hoping to force the issue. But this update does the same thing. Any ideas?

• Hulk_g says:

Rockdoggy,
        My bad bro, I never updated this on my issue.
        At the time I was attempting this, my s2 was trippin and randomly disconnecting from my wifi yet still showing a strong signal.
        Anyway, long story short, the file never fully downloaded so I tried the download again and followed the steps and it worked perfectly.
        Good luck with your dilemma, Idk if I can help at all cuz we may have totally different issues.

• Marcia de Jesus says:

I am having a similar problem.
          I started the automatic update process. I wasn’t paying attention to the phone while the update was being done, but assume it worked, because at some point the phone restarted. However, it just froze on the Sprint stuff that appears at the beginning.

I tried to run the manual update, but at a certain point, it stops and android is just laying on his back with a red triangle and ! on his chest.
          Could someone please help me??

2. David Park says:

when do u think FL24 will be out?

3. David Park says:

I mean the rooted FL24

4. I was wondering what do you think the best Jelly Bean Rom is.

5. Ken Berl says:

Do you recommend this update? Or the jelly bean leaked update? Also. Is there. Way to uninstall update if I don’t like it?

6. mann75 says:

Looking everywhere for the answer to this question. Can I use this to update my el29 rooted with Odin method?

7. Michael says:

Can you post a video on how to root. I’m using boost mobile version and been dying to root it.

8. Are you aware of any problems flashing from FK23 to FL24? Having intermittent problems with some things on current setup and was hoping for a bit more stability with the FL24 flash.

9. Keith says:

Will this work if I have Boost and on FI22?

10. keithmasterflex says:

I really need to root this phone use it for work just bought it i have fl24 if anybody can help mayby a link to video perhaps would be much obliged thank u

11. Red_Razor23 says:

My battery life is in the toilet again after upgrading again. I was on FI27 and the upgrade worked flawlessly. Now on FL24 and average battery life is down to 9 hours where on fi27 I was closer to 15 hours. Same apps, even “retrained” the battery under new build. Have gone as far as clean wiping again after the upgrade with no change. Also have a new anomaly where menu button acts as if it’s being pressed even when the phone isn’t being handled…

12. gticlay says:

Anyone know when we get a JB update that dosen’t kill battery life? I’m still running on Gingerbread and loving my battery sipping setup. But it would be fun/cool to have the latest and greatest as well!

13. jorgelo says:

Android laying on his back with a little red triangle on his chest. Well have to wait for”OTA” update. 🙁

• Marcia de Jesus says:

I am having the same problem when trying to install the update. Could someone please tell me how to fix my phone?? Thanks!

14. Benmartin1974 says:

I’d been weighing up getting a Samsung Epic 4G for ages. I read loads of reviews and this one was very helpful http://search4reviews.net/ , I received my order last week and am very happy. I Would highly recommend to anyone still unsure#

15. raymito devarie says:

I INSTALL AGAT ON FL24 N THE PHONE KEEP FREEZING EVERY FEW SECONDS AND THEN TURN OFF CAN U HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE. THANK U.

16. netescape says:

hi, i’ve fl27 now, but not able to install fl24 – keep getting errors. The guy from sprint told me it was because my phone was rooted, i won’t be able to update it via ota, or install from sd card. Does that mean I won’t be able to get the official JB when available too? Do I really have to unroot my phone in order to get it? Do I need to get fl24 first in order to get JB, or i can just stay with fl27 for now, unroot the phone and wait for JB (skipping fl24) ???
    thanks

• qbking77 says:

Yes youll have to unroot to get OTA updates. I’d stay with FI27 for now and just hold off until JB comes out

• disappointed says:

Ya, I wish I came here first. Sprint optimizer is so intrusive and unneeded. It also turns off my 4g and tries to connect me to “open wifi” signals. The proven is guest accounts appear open but still require a password. Since the update my apps have been crashing and running poorly if they stay open. Just another update Sprint dropped the ball on, then fell on it face first.

17. Pasha012 says:

Have rooted Galaxy s2 epic 4G. Followed instructions for manual update. Goes to verify system, then says assert failed (status 7). Update aborts. Help..??

18. dez says:

how do i update my fl24?

19. Codan Cooper says:

Ive been running FK23 4.1.2 for awhile now. Is there any reason i should switch over to FL24?